We feel blessed to be able to travel and marvel at God's wonderful creation. Please join us for the ride through our blog.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Tourist Town

Tonight we spent an enjoyable evening with some old friends at Sodus Point, NY.  It is a small tourist town on Sodus Bay about 20 minutes from our campground.  It is home to several restaurants and bars which look out over the water and have rooftop tiki bars.  It is a hangout for bikers as well, as many as 50 can line the streets on a weekend night.  Tonight however was relatively quiet.


I seem to notice there is a nautical theme to the weather vanes in this area.  The last one I photographed was a sailboat and this one is a fish. Below is the small visitor center you pass as you enter the town.  The gardens are just beautiful.
 Here we are enjoying good food and cold beer with great friends.

This is Captain Jack for whom the restaurant/bar was named for.  A bit tacky if you ask me.

Outside the visitor center is this nice little patio, a nice spot to sit a spell and enjoy the sights.  Upon leaving the restaurant tonight we saw a young girl with this Albino snake wrapped around her neck.  She was nice enough to hold him so that I could get a picture.  Something I have never seen before.
Well, I went in to use the restroom and noticed this etched on the wall.  Now, you might ask why I took a picture of it.  Well, not sure who G-Dog is but Ray was called Ray Ray when he was young so I couldn't resist.  Maybe he knows something he's not telling me!

3 comments:

  1. Bet Ray has quite a story to tell about G-Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you two. Yes, we met Jim and Gayle while spending he winter in Mission. Very nice couple. You four will have a wonderful time planning the activities at the campground.

    I have never heard of a Russian festival. Sounds very interesting and something that I am sure we would check out. I hope that guy wasn't swearing either...what a hoot.

    ReplyDelete